- Drape the necktie around your collar with the seam facing outward and the thick end on your left, hanging two to three inches lower than the desired finishing position.
- Cross the thick end under the thin end from left to right, creating an X-shape under your chin.
- Bring the thick end back across the front of the knot from right to left. Continue wrapping it around the thin end and pass it back from left to right behind the knot.
- Next, bring the thick end horizontally across the front of the knot from right to left again. Slip a finger underneath the horizontal band this creates.
- Tuck the thick end upward underneath the loop around your collar.
- Bring the tip of the thick end down through the horizontal loop you created in Step 4 (but not the smaller one you created in Step 3).
- Pull the thick end all the way through the horizontal loop, snugging the knot down into place.
- Tighten the tie by grasping the knot with one hand and pulling gently on the narrow end with the other.
Back to Suit Accessories, Why Have Them?