How To Tie A Nicky Knot
- Drape the necktie around your collar with the seam outward and the thick end on your left, about two inches lower than you want the finished position.
- Cross the thick end underneath the thin end, making an X-shape below your chin.
- Flip the thick end up in front of the loop around your collar, then tuck it down through the loop, emerging to the left of the thin end.
- Bring the tip of the thick end horizontally across the front of the knot. Slip a finger underneath the horizontal band you’ve just created across the front of the knot.
- Bring the tip of the thick end up and underneath the loop around your collar.
- Tuck the tip of the thick end down through the horizontal loop you created in Step 4.
- Pull the thick end all the way through the horizontal loop and snug it down.
- Adjust the knot as needed by holding it with one hand and pulling on the narrow end of the tie with the other.