How To Tie A Pratt Knot
- Drape the tie around your collar with its seam facing outward and the thick end hanging on your left, 1-2 inches lower than the desired finishing spot.
- Cross the thick end underneath the thin end – forming an X-shape below your chin.
- Pass the thick end through the loop.
- Pull the thick end all the way down and flip the tip so that it’s pointing to your left.
- Bring the thick end horizontally across the front of the knot (from right to left). Tuck a finger behind the horizontal band you’ve just created.
- Slip the thick end up through the loop from underneath.
- Point the tip of the thick end downward – directly on top of the narrow end.
- Pull the thick end down through the horizontal band. Snug it firmly into place.
- Adjust the necktie by grasping the knot with one hand while pulling on the narrow end gently with the other.