How To Tie A Saint Andrew Knot
- Drape the neck-tie around your collar with the seam facing out and the thick end on your left, two to three inches lower than the desired finishing position.
- Cross the thick end horizontally beneath the thin end, making an X-shape under your chin.
- Bring the thick end horizontally across the front of the thin end.
- Continue looping the thick end around the thin end, passing it horizontally behind the back of the thin end from left to right.
- Flip the thick end vertically up and over the front of the knot, then tuck it back down behind the knot.
- Bring the thick end out and to the left of the thick end.
- Bring the thick end across the front of the knot from left to right. This will form a horizontal band. Slip a finger through it.
- Finally, bring the thick end up behind the knot and tuck it through the horizontal loop you made in Step 7.
- Pull the thick end all the way through and tighten the knot by grasping it with one hand and pulling carefully on the thick end with the other.